On October 3, 1916, a meeting was held with Pastors and Deacons from the Pickens and Secona Baptist Church to investigate the course to organize a church. The newly organized church was given the name "Blue Ridge View Baptist Church" and Rev. J. G. Stamey was elected pastor. Membership was requested and following appropriate investigation, Blue Ridge View was welcomed into what is now the "Pickens Twelve Mile Baptist Association" on October 23, 1924. Until 1938, services were held in the Glassy Mountain Schoolhouse, then construction of a one-room church building was erected, which seated around two hundred people.
Hopes and dreams of a new building began with groundbreaking ceremonies in November 1975. Construction of our current church building began in February 1976 and was completed by April 1977. First church services in our current building were held in May 1977. It has been calculated that a total of 8,272 hours of free labor were given in dedication and devotion by the members. Steady growth during the next 19 years necessitated a need for renovation which began in November of 1996 and dedication services for the newly expanded sanctuary were held on March 2, 1997.
In 2004, an addition for a preschool wing has been made to the existing fellowship hall as well as an extensive parking lot expansion.
Construction of our latest building, which contains a wealth of classrooms for adult and children on the bottom floor, and above being our youth floor, named "The LOFT" (Living Out Faith Today). A dedication service for the new building was held on July 13, 2008.
In addition, Blue Ridge View Baptist Church was recognized in 2008 by the South Carolina Southern Baptist Convention for leading the Association in baptisms the past year.
The Lord has blessed our church immensely over the years. With many men and women have been called into the ministry, immense growth in members, and tremendous leadership.